About Patricia Barnes
She was recently interviewed by Bloomberg Businessweek for a feature article on the topic – see Field Guide to Office Bullies.
In May 2012, she completed a new book, “Surviving Bullies, Queen Bees & Psychopaths in the Workplace. Employers can learn how to minimize their risk of costly litigation. Employees can learn how to respond effectively to bullying, both internally and through the legal system. The book has garnered numerous five-star reviews on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com, from prominent workplace bullying experts.
Ms. Barnes writes a legal blog on workplace abuse issues – WHEN THE ABUSER GOES TO WORK – with particular attention to bullying.
Ms. Barnes is available for consultation, as a speaker and to conduct management training and remediation. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
In addition to her book, Surviving Bullies, Queen Bees & Psychopaths in the Workplace, Ms. Barnes’ recent workplace-bullying activities include:
- Speaker, Wordcamp 2013, University of Nevada, April 2013.
- Speaker, business organization classes at the University of Nevada, Reno, NV. (3/13)
- Quoted in Bloomberg Businesweek, Field Guide to Office Bullies, (11/12).
- Radio show of Steven Hollingsworth, All in a Day’s Work, at http://www.vegasallnetradio.com/Shows/All-In-A-Days-Work.html, (10/12)
- Contributor, Back Off! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying @ Work, an excellent book by co-authors Catherine Mattice and E.G. Sebastian (7/ 2012).
- Author, Workplace Bullying: When the Abuser Goes to Work, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE REPORT, a leading national resource for domestic violence advocates. (4-5/2011)
- Interviewed, KRNV-TV, Reno, NV (4/11).
- Co-author (with NV State Senator Richard “Tick” Segerblom), article on workplace bullying, COMMUNIQUÉ, the official journal of the Clark County Bar Association, Las Vegas (5/11). Sen. Segerblom has proposed workplace anti-bullying legislation in Nevada.
- Invited expert on workplace abuse issues before the NV General Assembly’s Commerce and Labor Committee. (3/11).
- Expert, Westlaw Roundtable Group, Thomas Reuters Expert Witness Services, Employee Relations.